- Salary will be in line with experience
- Generous pension and healthcare plan
- Paid lunches to all employees
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual performance bonus
- Flexible working arrangements
- Latest technology to work with
Who We Are
uTrack are a young innovative dynamic Company that have grown fast in a short time. With clients ranging from top 100 FTSE Companies across Ireland, UK, Europe and the USA, we are looking to find like-minded people to join our expanding and award-winning team that has one core vision.
To create a platform that elevates a passenger’s experience of using public transport, while allowing our clients to use real time business intelligence data to transform their business.
Due to an increase in demand for our services, uTrack are now looking for a Senior level Backend Java Developer.
We have a number of new interesting projects booked, so busy time ahead. This role will focus on working on the First Student project – part of FirstGroup plc which is the leading transport operator in the UK and North America. You will be working with a team of Java Developers, React Developers and Ruby Developer, and report directly into our CTO.
Most of our development team are based in our Dublin office, but we’re flexible in our working arrangements.
We would be interested in hearing from people within Ireland and beyond who want to experience the best of both worlds: office and remote working. So regardless of which corner of the country you’re based in, we’d like to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The role involves Designing/ Architecting new applications/application modules (including changes to existing applications) for delivering agreed functional requirements and non-functional requirements.
The role will ensure that all changes are such that the applications are supportable, maintainable, and scalable.
The role will define the best practice across the applications in development, in addition to driving the technical alignment within the Company.
The role will guide the development team members working in support.
- Review all new requirements and ensure apt non-functional requirements are defined as part of the requirement definitions.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered to high, production ready, standard with full involvement from stakeholders, clients and team members.
- Read and interpret business requirements and specification documents.
- Provide technical support to teams for production issues.
- Self-manage your time and actively push information and blockers.
- Teach your colleagues and share your knowledge.
- Support system maintenance upgrades and bug fixes.
- Occasionally review the technical solutions /designs to ensure that the solution is designed for high availability, high scalability and easier maintenance.
Salary will be in line with experience. uTrack offer a generous healthcare and pension plan, gym membership, paid lunches to all employees, Taxsaver, annual performance bonus, flexible working arrangements and the latest technology to work with.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a high-pressure team environment and end to end software development
- Robust design skills, good understanding of Design patterns
- 5 years’+ experience in Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, PostgreSQL, JUnit and GIT technologies/languages
- Understanding of overall IT infrastructure stack and using agile technology
- Experience in ELK, Spring Boot and Docker is a bonus
If we think you’re a potential fit, we will arrange a 1 hour technical telephone interview with our CTO. If all goes well, you’ll be further tested on your technical abilities through a coding challenge.
GET IN TOUCH
We’re a diverse bunch and come from all over the world so candidates from all backgrounds are welcome.
Put your technical skills to better use and email us at email@example.com.
Posted: 4th of May, 2022